The 8th US National Combustion Meeting
- Sunday May 19th - Wednesday May 22nd, 2013
- Location: Canyons resort in Park City, Utah.
- Hosted by the University of Utah and the Western States Section of the Combustion Institute.
- Final program available here.
(subject to change)
- Abstracts due: January 25, 2013.
- Notification of paper acceptance: February 11.
- March 11: full papers due.
- April 1: registration deadline.
Call for Papers
- Abstract submission is closed.
- Full papers should be a minimum of five pages. Please follow these templates in either MS word and LaTeX format. Be sure to modify the paper number and topical area. Submissions should be made through the Combustion Institute web page.
We encourage submission of papers in all areas of combustion science and technology including:
- Laminar & Turbulent flames
- Coal and biomass combustion and gasification
- Reaction kinetics
- Stationary combustion systems
- Heterogeneous combustion, sprays & droplets
- Environmental aspects of combustion
- Detonations, explosions, and supersonic combustion
- Internal combustion and gas turbine engines
- Microcombustion and New Combustion Devices
Poster submission is open through March 11. Submissions should be made through the Combustion Institute web page.
Combustion Art Competition
- CASH PRIZES will be awarded for first place ($400) in both Artistic Merit and Technical Merit categories.
- Electronically submit a high resolution image or video with caption and brief explanation of your submission to Sandra Olson (Sandra.L.Olson@NASA.gov) by April 26, 2013.
Participation requires you to display your artwork at the meeting.
- Please follow this link for further details.
Student Travel Support
Students who wish to receive travel support must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Accepted paper for presentation at the meeting.
- Travel a minimum of 200 miles to the conference.